Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Official Beginning of the Unicorn Table Linens and Gulf Wars results

So it is official, I started work on the first band of the tablecloth today.  I didn't spend a bunch of time working on it, but I did finish one unicorn and one cross.  It really gives me a much better idea of how it will look.  I am still not a huge fan of this specific type of unicorn, I prefer the one with the lion-like mane, but once again this is not for me but is a gift for someone else whose coat of arms has that specific type of unicorn on it.

As to other notes, I learned about using a salt bath to make the dye on the thread stay and actually used it on this thread.  I also went back and gave the lion napkins a salt bath and set them out to air dry.  It was a bit trying on my nerves as I didn't know if the thread would shrink or not and so all that work I had done was potentially wasted.  The good news is that there is no dye that ran onto the linen and stuck and the thread didn't seem to shrink.  Yay for being able to use the Lion Napkins and launder them....

As to the scores for Gulf Wars, I received a 22.5 and 24, with the max score of 25.  Here is a album that someone posted of the entries at Gulf Wars, both champions competition and open competition.  One person stated that they thought I was the person there that received the highest scores total.  Any which way you look at it, it is pretty darn good for my first project, lol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment