Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

And they're off........

Well, last night I passed off my napkin/display/documentation to the friend who is taking it up to Gulf Wars.  I had a momentary nervous moment when handing them off, but it is more the unknown as my entry may not be in the point battle.  Worse comes to worse, my friend will enter it into the static competition the following day and I will still end up with a bag of largess (loot).  I am attaching a picture of the display as it was during the Kingdom A&S, and the set-up will still be the same.  I finished the second napkin on Monday evening, all I did Tuesday was iron everything and pass it off.
At this point it is on to the next project officially, a set of four napkins and a matching tablecloth from this template.  I am not worried as much about making it as perfectly historically accurate as I am not planning on competing with them.  I learned alot about blackwork just on this last set of napkins, so I imagine that it will get easier until I add additional elements to the designs other then just Holbein stitch.  The fun part is I will be trying to to work two different projects at once, not sure what the second one will be though, as the tablecloth and napkins will be a custom gift.  I know I need to make a collar and cuffs for a chemise, but not sure what designs to use.  Yay for tough decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment