Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Unicorn Table Linens

Okay I am starting an even larger project then my last one.  I finally graphed out my design and concept.  The unicorn and cross are of my own graphing, the background border is from The New Carolingian Modelbook.  These are going to be combined to make a gift for someone, and is a combination of two coats of arms.  *Crossing fingers* hopefully this won't make it back to the people I am making them for, lol.  I am not sure what stitch to fill in the large cross with, but everything else is double-running stitch.  Now I will be measuring my fabric width and pulling a thread to make sure I have it straight.  then it will be time to cut the linen and run a line of thread down the edges so they don't fray as much (the thought kinda scares me).  I don't have a serger, but am going to use another stitch on my sewing machine that I think will work.  I guess we will find out as we go.  I guess, first I need to set the dye on my thread (didn't do that on the last batch, but I have heard how to do it post completion), then I can get to work on it.  Now I am kinda getting excited, lol.......

No comments:

Post a Comment