Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Working Again

I was slacking for a while but have started to work on the first band again.  So far I have connected the first unicorn to the next set, so overall I have about 30% of the first band done.  I have timed completing one unicorn and it takes about 4 hours of casual stitching (complete with interuptions from my husband and child and Olympics).  I will admit that I had been delaying doing the second set of unicorns due to me not being sure where to put the next grouping and how to decide it.  However, now that I am over that hump, I can proceed again.  I will have one more large band to do like this one, then I will have two medium bands to complete the tablecloth trim.  After that I have four napkins to do with one set of unicorns/cross per side but that will not take as much to do I think, they will go quicker so I will feel more accomplished quickly.  I also think the quarters of the cross are missing an element of filling of some sort, so I will try to find some filling that will work for them.  I will post that idea as soon as I get it figured out for sure.  Look for more pictures coming soon of the progress........

No comments:

Post a Comment