Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

This past week

Okay, so I have been behind this week.  Due to being very sick early on in the week I did not get anything accomplished as even going to work on Wednesday was a bit of a stretch for what I have been able to handle.  Two days ago (Friday evening) I ordered 1.5 yards of this linen.  I was trying to decide between that one and the heavier one that is 7.1 oz and a lower thread count of 38/32.  I decided that I really like the higher thread count as I like the final outcome much more.  I still have a bunch to go on my napkins, I still haven't finished the filling on even one side yet *frown*.  I figure at least when I am finally ready for my next project to get going I will have the linen to do it with as well as the time to wash it two or three times before it is needed.  The washing will soften the threads as well as taking care of the shrinking so that the final outcome will be much nicer, it won't warp the Blackwork area that way. 
The next project will be more napkins(a set of four), I am still trying to figure out the general border but am going to use a charted deer from  Siebmacher, a source which I learned of from K. Salazar and her blog, String Or Nothing.  She is an amazing woman from everything I have read.  I have already charted the deer but may modify it a little bit more as the charts in the Siebmacher are not set up for blackwork and I am not completely satisfied with one of the feet yet.  I figure that I can't plan everything out quite yet until I am completely ready, and it seems that it is taking me much longer with the holidays then I had figured it would.  Everyone else is doing cookies and I am stitching, go figure, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment