Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Interesting facts

So, I did some small calculations today regarding hours spent on filling in my border pattern.  Each diamond takes about 10 minutes to complete, on one set of sides there are 25 diamonds (approximately 4 hours, minus tying in threads and finishing threads), on the other set of sides there are 31 (approximately 5 hours, minus tying in threads and finishing threads).  So, on a good interrupted day, it would take me about 18 hours solid work to finish all the filling in design.  To complete the pair, it would take me 36 hours.  Considering that I am doing this at work in between patients, it has taken me almost a month to get three sides finished, and I have not been pushing as hard as I could be.  Just thought that was kinda interesting.

On another side note, I brought the pie to that potluck and it was a smashing hit.  I saved one piece so my husband could try it, but other then that it was gone quickly.  Two thumbs up for Chocolate Nut Pie......

No comments:

Post a Comment