Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Acorn Christmas Ornament

I officially started working on Christmas Ornaments a week or so ago and finalized a pattern.  The original pattern was from a book called "A New Modelbook for Spanish Stitch" by Kathleen Epstein and is the part in ink in the photo.  I then had to modify it make it more square so that I can stuff some smelly stuff in it after the whole pouch is completed.  The whole idea is to be able to put Cinnamon sticks or something in it and hang it on the Christmas tree or on a mantle.  As of right now it has taken me a week (been working on the table linens as well) to get the pattern finalized and almost all the black thread on the linen background.  All I have left to do is do the gold thread and the outer black band, then assemble the pouch/ornament.

No comments:

Post a Comment