Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

visited the store and kingdom a&s

So, I visited the store to pick up some more silk thread and check their linen supply, the best weight 40 count linen was $90 for a yard.  Ouch!!!!  I will admit I felt welcome though and the people that were all there weren't all just staring at me wondering what I was doing there.  I am still willing to bet that I was about half the age of most of the people there though, lol.  It sounded like they were all having a blast, the store had a table set up for people to stitch at, and all the seats were full, they were talking about everything from football to general everyday stuff.  The last store where I got my origional thread had been a much quieter place and I definately felt out of place there as the people in it all stoped talking and stared at me when I walked in.  So the official rating of the new store is a 4.5 out of 5, unfortunately they had no blackwork patterns, however I can't fault them for that as they focus on cross stitch.  Lol, honestly I am just happy that they have linen and silk. 

I don't think I will buy the evenweave linen as it is soooo expensive right now, and as it has been pointed out, it should not be that important.  Maybe I will get some one day when I am doing some crazy project for something focused for a kingdom event or higher if I got an invitation to compete.  I am still very very new to having an A&S focus and still trying to get any connection with my name and Blackwork.  The competition from last month was the first time I had ever even entered, and I was kinda intimidated by how much attention it garnered.  I didn't expect near the attention that the napkin recieved and I have done very well at hiding up until now so that I wouldn't have to feel akward with the attention.  Lol, so much for hiding any more, lol.  I won a very nice wooden box that is meant to be a letter writing box, but will work perfectly for storing my blackwork stuff in.
So, due to all the attention, I now have multiple people encouraging me to enter in the next Kingdom A&S to gather comments from others and to build my "street rep".  The funniest thing is it actually gives me a little bit of anxiety with all the attention out of nowhere.  I don't think I have adjusted all the way to the initial attention so far, much less adding on at a kingdom level.  Thankfully I have people who support me and are helping me make sure my documentation should be up to par.  The bad thing is I won't be able to actually attend as the Kingdom A&S are in a different state and I am not sure I can take the time off work, much less being able to afford the trip right now either.  I can send the entry up with someone else but that also leaves them having to set it up and such.  I don't like feeling like I am using someone like that.  Oh well, I guess that is more then enough ramblings for now, especially since all the initial post was going to be about visiting the store, lol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment