Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blog Creation

Today I created this blog so I am better able to share various blackwork projects as I am working them.  I am excited by the prospect of being allowed to share projects that are in the works.  Last month I finished a Lion Napkin to enter in a local event and I am now working on the matching napkin to make the pair.  I am on the last line of border pattern and still have the diamonds to fill in on both napkins.

I priced some evenweave linen yesterday and was surprised how expensive it is.  This is something that might be a little bit of a challenge for future projects as it can be between $60-$90/yd for evenweave linen.  The part I think about is for competitions I may get docked points for using non evenweave linen and it changes the dimensions of the projects so if I am trying to do things like napkins they might be off.  I found a local store that is relatively close that advertise that they sell some evenweave linen so I will take a swatch of linen from the napkins I am working and try to find something comparable in stitches per inch this following weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! And I wouldn't worry about using non-evenweave. If you look at the count of period pieces, they are often not as precise as modern cloth that's manufactured for counted stitching, and the work on them is slightly distorted as a result. I try to work with the difference - placing my main motif so that it's spread (or squished) in a pleasing way; or in extreme cases, stitching over 2x3 threads. Yours looks just fine to me. Good job! kbsalazar http://string-or-nothing.com

    ReplyDelete