Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

surprises and panic attacks

So, yesterday I was at work at my phone rings, it was my friend that has been helping getting me ready for the competition.  She asked me how I was doing and what all was happening as the ride for my project was leaving at noon today (Friday).  I responded by asking "Why is she leaving a week early?"  Evidently I have lost a week in the time/space continuum as the competition starts tomorrow.  So, I then entered panic mode as I had been planning on getting the last napkin finished this weekend and getting the extra supplies I needed at the office supply store as well.  After work I then proceeded to run around like crazy, going to the office supply store for copies, binders, page protectors, and foam board.  Then I went to the craft store to get pins and grabbed a couple bunches of fake grapes for aesthetic value.  After all that (it was close to 7 pm at that point) I ran to my friends house and we proceeded to put everything together and to do a mock set-up so that the projects ride would know how to assemble it.  By the time that we printed out pictures for set-up guidance, the project dropped off to the appropriate person, and I finally got home, it was after midnight.  Needless to say I am very tired today and probably look like I have a hangover (blood-shot eyes included).  Hopefully my project will still do well as I didn't get half the interior border design done on one of the napkins but such is life.....  The good part is I left a partial diamond done so that the judges can see what it looks like when in the process before I go back to fill in the alternating stitches. 
On another happier note, I finally received my book I have been waiting for.  The first person never sent it to me (still waiting for my refund), and so I got lucky and found it on ebay for a bit more.  The condition of the book is perfect though and I am very pleased with that transaction.  So when I get my napkins back I am going to turn around and finish that border and start on the next set.  I am very much looking forward to it at this point as I have a game plan, even though I don't know exactly what I am going to use yet for designs.  I have a general idea, but the specifics aren't set in stone yet.  The best part is now I have that book to pour over as well as Kathryn Goodwyn has put up a bunch of modelbooks on her website with a ton of patterns charted there.  I now have a virtual and paper playground to run around in like crazy where the only limiting factor is my own mind.  Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment