Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hemming done


Well it is official, one napkin is completely done.  The other just needs the filling done and that may take a couple weeks at least, depending upon how bad it is at work.  Here are the napkins side by side right now, the other picture is of the backs.  I took more time on the whip-stitch for the hemming then I did last time.  I had a comment from someone that the whip-stitch was kinda messy on my first napkin and so I took a good look at it and decided they were completely correct.  As a result, the whip-stitch is smaller and a bit closer together and more along the same thread line, not as varied.  I can definately tell that I had more practice and took more time on the second napkin.  I can also say there are less mistakes on the second napkin, I had four or so small mistakes on the first that no one has seen but I am wondering if some of them will become more evident when I do the filling on the first one.  Oh well, such is life, if these are done in time for the Kingdom A&S I won't be trying to win so much.  More then anything I am just going to try to be getting my name out there, lol considering that I don't even have my AOA yet, lol.......

No comments:

Post a Comment